Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Resolution

I have not made new years resolutions in the past (or at the very least, I do not remember making them) but this year I have decided to make one.

I am staying away from the health and weight loss resolutions, I don't know why, I just don't feel right about those. This year my resolution has to do with people.

Over the last year I have discovered that I have some serious social problems. While I seem to have no problem making acquaintances, I have not really made any close friends in ages(besides my friend Michelle). This year, my resolution is to make a new friend.

This may sound like an easy resolution to some of you, but it isn't for me. I do not seem to make friends easily. For one, I am socially awkward and I do feel that many people see my as a weirdo. Second, when I do meet someone I would really like to be friends with, I start to feel intimidated by them. I am a little insecure about myself and I am constantly feeling rejected and that no one likes me.

But this year I want to stop feeling that way and make a new friend or two. If anyone has any advice whether personal (stuff you have observed about me) or general, please feel free to communicate it to me. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. That is a good resolution. I've never made one either, but I am considering making one to save all of the hair that naturally falls out for one year to see how much I'd have, and if it could be spun into a yarn. I think your resolution is much better, and honestly, I feel exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a similar resolution back in the early 80s when I realized I'd spent a day at school and shopping for groceries and hadn't said a word to anyone except my then-wife. that was a hard thing to recognize.

    ReplyDelete