Monday, August 23, 2010

Pop Music

I like to watch rock music videos on youtube and I admit, I also like reading the comments that people post on these videos. Even though most of the comments are left by empty kettles, I really do believe it shows how we sometimes live inside of our own little boxes and fail to respect and understand the likes and dislikes of other.

In particular I keep seeing the "metal militia" and the "Rock Nation" calling for rock fans to post insults on various pop stars( i.e. Justin Beiber) videos on certain dates. I fail to understand what this accomplishes. For generations there has been some sort of pop scene and I am pretty sure there will be for many more generations; and you know, that is alright by me. People should be able to like what they want to like when it comes to music.

Bashing another for their taste in music is another form of unjust intolerance in my opinion. Difference in musical tastes is one of the great things that makes us all unique.

1 comment: