Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finding My Identity

I have been kind of on a down spiral lately, just kind of bored with life at the moment. I am usually, not a positive person but a person that believes that things work themselves out in the end so I am sure it will pass but for now as of lately I just feel as if I am not going anywhere and I am not growing as a person. I kind of feel as if I am hiding behind other people and have lost my own identity. In the recent past I have had a lot of people refer to me by my identities of mother or wife and I love being a mother and a wife but it would be nice to be known for my own identity as well.

I have had a few small accomplishments. I had a poem published in the book "You Are Not Alone" put together by Andrea Roe. The last stanza of the poem was even put on the back of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Not-Alone-Companionship/dp/1412096170

I had two tarot spreads I created published in the 2005 tarot lovers calendar and one in the 2007 calendar. I have also had a story of the adult nature published in bareback magazine.

I think maybe it's because next month I am turning 30 and my clock is starting to tick why I am feeling this way. I am working on making something of myself. I am going to school and I am taking voice lessons that I hope to do something with some day. I have a bad habit of wanting immediate results and i just need to be patient.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. you know i have been there, and i have to say what you are doing to fix it, i think will really help. but wow i kind of didn't know about the published work congrads and good luck in your goals, keep it flowing

    ReplyDelete