Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Protecting Marriage.

I support gay marriage. Why? Because I don't see any good objective secular reason why they shouldn't be able to get married.

Today I saw this commercial and it made me sick.



Now this is what I do not understand. How are we protecting marriage by not allowing homosexuals to get married? How is it even constitutional in a country where we are supposed to have freedom (particularly freedom of religion) to ban gay marriage based on religious beliefs? What does it matter to the general public what homosexuals or anyone else decides to do with their personal life?

I think straight people damage the institution of marriage enough already.

I would also like to add that I have no problem with people who are against gay marriage. If you are against it, that is your right to have that opinion. What I have a problem with is the people who want to legally force their opinion on the general population.

No comments:

Post a Comment